
Wow! A girl! I can't believe it, after 3 boys! I didn't want to know if this pregnancy was a girl or a boy so I told the doctor not to point things out on the ultrasound. He kept it to himself really good until about my last appointment. He accidentally said, "she". It was very subtle and I wasn't sure if I actually heard that or not. But in my mind I kept saying, "could it be?" I didn't say anything to anyone, because I just wasn't sure.
I went to bed on the evening of September 15th feeling a bit different. I wasn't due until the 2nd of October so I wasn't too concerned. In the night I really started feeling uncomfortable. I wandered around for awhile wondering if things were really happening or not. Finally I decided I had better wake Tom. When I woke him he could see that things were progressing quickly. We called Janell and Amanda Christensen who had planned to come and help if we needed them in the night. Janell is a nurse and when she saw me she told Tom to get us to the hospital quick!
On the way in I was in a lot of pain. Poor Tom was trying to drive and comfort me all at once. I think he had little panic going on. At the hospital it was hard for me to get from the van into the emergency room door. As soon as they saw me they grabbed a wheelchair and flew me through the halls and up the elevator to the labor and delivery area. Sitting in a wheelchair is NOT what I wanted to be doing right at that moment, but I am glad they were there to help me. I don't think I could have walked anymore on my own. At labor and delivery they didn't even make us go through all the steps of registering.
With Jansen I had an epidural that made me quite nervous so I had been telling Tom all through this pregnancy that I didn't want one this time. However, on the ride in I kept telling him, "Don't you stop me if I want an epidural when we get there! I don't care what I have been telling you for the last 9 months! I WANT AN EPIDURAL!"
Anyway, I didn't have time for an epidural! Fifteen minutes after reaching the hospital our little sunshine, Tani, entered into our lives! We had to have a different doctor deliver her. Doctor Dewey arrived about 10 minutes too late. Grateful for the fill in doc who was running back and forth between me and his own patient!
Tani was born with lots of dark hair! She was absolutely beautiful, (and still is and always will be!) I'll always be a bit jealous of her defining features that I have to fake on....e.g. eyebrows, eyelashes, ect...
She was welcomed whole heartedly by three loving and adoring big brothers who loved having a little girl around! I had always had the name Tani picked out for a little girl. I just didn't expect to ever get to actually use it! We chose the middle name Loa after my dad's mom, Loa Elaine Carlson Stilson. She had passed away when I was 16 years old. For some reason I had really felt her close to me throughout this whole pregnancy.
Tani has always had a fun, loving personality! I have heard the saying that everyone brings joy to people, some bring it by coming and some bring it by leaving. Well, Tani is definitely one who brings it by coming! She always has a smile and a hug!
She has always loved juice! As a baby she always wanted her "Sello Ju Cup" (Yellow juice cup). To this day she would be happy with some juice with every meal.
She has always loved to dance and sing and be in the limelight. She also loves sports and guy things. She is happy playing dodge ball, dancing in a skirt, skateboarding, playing the piano, singing, softball, basketball, theater...you name it, she probably likes to do it! She is in a theater class right now where she has the part as one of the fairies in a sleeping beauty type play.
She is a blessing to our family! Today I am so grateful for Tani Loa!
No comments:
Post a Comment