Saturday, December 1, 2007

Princess Tia


No way! Another girl! I couldn't believe it! For 3 generations there had been 4 boys and a girl. I just assumed that we would carry on that tradition. We again didn't want to find out if this pregnancy was a boy or a girl so we had absolutely no idea until the doctor delivered her and said, "It's a girl!" I remember the nurse was just as excited as I was! She was also the only girl with 4 brothers. Cute little Tia LaRene was born at the Provo hospital with Tom and my mom in attendance. This was the first time someone other than Tom was in there with me. It was very nice to have my mom there also. Tia's middle name is also my mom's middle name.

Tia was born with a little wispy, blond hair that stood straight out on end. She, like all of the others has beautiful brown eyes. As a little girl I always wanted my kids to have brown eyes, (since mine are blue). And now Tani always tells me she wants kids with blue eyes. Tia stayed blond for quite awhile, but then suddenly turned dark. One day I was pointing her out to someone as she was playing with some other kids. I said, "she is the little blond." Whoever I was talking to said, "there is no little blond". It actually stunned me to look at Tia and see how dark her hair actually had turned. Awhile after that she asked me, "mom, what does dyed mean?" I told her it meant to change your hair color and asked her why she asked. She said, "because everyone always asks me if I dyed my hair."

Tia has a favorite blankie. It was given to her as a present when she was born, from Lucy and Alan Walbeck. She has loved it from day one and sleeps with it every night. It's name is pinky. One night she told me she really thinks it should get washed, but not while she was around to miss it.

Tia has always loved cocoa! She has cocoa and toast every morning for breakfast. She dips it and wipes it against the side of the cup the very same way each time. She is very much for routine. She has a strong desire to do what is right and is very faithful in saying her prayers.

She takes dance lessons and a theater class. She is doing great in both of them. She use to be too shy to preform in front of others, but is really feeling more confident. She is an absolute joy to have as a final child! Today I am so grateful for Tia!