Monday, February 2, 2009

Volcanos and earthquakes and bears, oh my!

Cam has told us of some earthquakes while he has been in Japan. But today on the news we heard about this volcano. Can't wait to get Cam's email tomorrow to hear about it from him! I wonder if he will even mention it. He probably keeps a lot of that kind of information from me as to not worry me so much! I wonder what things I will learn from him once he is home safely. Do I really want to know it all? Anyway, here's the article about the volcano.


Tokyo A volcano near Tokyo erupted yesterday, shooting up smoke about a mile high and showering parts of Japan’s capital with a fine ash. No injuries were reported from the eruption at Mount Asama, 90 miles (145km) northwest of Tokyo. National TV showed people in the capital lining up to get their cars washed, with some drivers saying they thought it was snow at first. Officials were flooded with calls from residents asking about the “mysterious white powder”. (AP)

No comments: