Friday, January 11, 2008

Painter's Half Marathon


10 9.3 9.15 9.09
1 10 9.3 9.15 9.09
2 20 19 18.3 18.18
3 30 28.3 27.45 27.27
4 40 38 37 36.36
5 50 47.3 46.15 45.45
6 60 57 55.3 54.54
7 70 66.3 64.45 64.03
8 80 76 74 73.12
9 90 85.3 83.15 82;21
10 100 95 92.3 91.3
11 110 104.3 101.45 100.39
12 120 114 111 109.48
13 130 123.3 120.15 118.57
13.1 131 124.27 121.11 119.39

A week from tomorrow Tom and I will be running the Painter's Half Marathon in St. George. I have done this race two times in the past. In 2000 and in 2006. My best time is 2 hours 17 minutes. I am hoping to beat that time. The above numbers are the times for different paces that I am hoping to be able to sustain. Tom is looking for about 1 hour 28 minutes. I sure hope we can both do our best and feel good about all the prep work we have put into this. Kinda strange how running 13.1 miles seems like fun, but it is. I'll be running it with a few new friends that I haven't actually met in person yet. Some other women from the running blog have about the same goals as me, so we are going to help each other along.
Besides running the race, I am looking forward to a nice, warm, fun weekend with Tom and the kids. Always good to get out of the cold and into a little warmer place. I'm looking forward to hopefully be adding a good race report after it's over.

No comments: