Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Where did December go? Actually, where did 2007 go?

Wow! Almost a new year again! This past year has really flown by!
January brought the hustle and bustle of getting Camron all ready to head out on his mission. February he turned 19, had a mission farewell and entered the MTC in Provo, Utah for 2 1/2 months of training to be a missionary who speaks Japanese.
March was busy with Charmed Moments, Primary, and trying to keep up with the kids and all their schedules of snowboarding, theater, Activity days, scouts, ect....
April brought with it a wonderful trip to Boston and New York for Tom and I. We went because Tom had qualified to run the Boston Marathon. We enjoyed being together and seeing things that at least I had never seen before. (And some things he had never seen either.) Tom had a blast running the marathon and I enjoyed being a spectator! April is also Tom's dad's birthday. We are so thankful to have him as a part of our lives! I've always told him that there are only 2 girls in this world who are lucky enough to be his daughter in laws, and I am one of them!
May turned Jansen into a teenager as he hit the big ONE THREE! Three teenage boys....oooh, where did the time go? It also was the time for Camron to fly to Japan. He left SLC on May 15th. We were able to have a wonderful call from him as he was at the SLC airport waiting to go. He was so excited to move onto the next phase of his mission. May is always time for the annual Scandinavian Festival in Ephraim that we are always able to enjoy with family and friends. May is my dad's birthday as well. I have learned so much from my dad and his happy, humble way of living!
June kept us busy with baseball, softball, Charmed Moments convention, Wasatch Back Relay, Maple Dale and everyday busy summer life! Tom runs on a relay team called "Too slow to win but too dumb to quit." I have been a volunteer the past two years in helping out with the two day race. This coming year being tempted to join the women's team they are putting together.
July we did something we have never done before. We didn't go to Manti for the 4th of July. We went to The Stadium of Fire in Provo instead. While we were going into the stadium we received a call on our cell phone from my brother Jeremy telling us of the exciting news they had to share....They were expecting baby number one! Garebear Bonham was also able to stay with us at that time as his parents were at weddings in California. Always so good to have our buddy Garebear with us!
August brought around another year for me. Making it 41 years I've been on this earth. I've always been grateful for every passing year as my sister in law, Linda, was only make it for 30 years. I still miss her! Tom had to be away from the family for 3 weeks while he was on a business trip in India. Don't want him gone that long ever again. Makes me think of the many families who have husbands and dads or moms or wives serving in the military and away from families for over a year! I thank them all! Most especially nephews Matt and Ben who are serving as I have the freedom to write this blog. I also recommitted to running during this month and plan to run a half marathon in January of 2008.
September always brings birthdays and anniversaries galore! Tani turned 10 and Tyler turned 17. Tom and I also celebrated 21 wonderful years together. We were able to go to Deer Valley for a little get away. September always brings Tom's mom's birthday along again and we have a little more reason to stop and think of the wonderful life that she lived on this earth!
October brought some van frustrations, $2000.00 for a new transmission...OUCH! Didn't want to do that when we really only want this van for another year or two. But what do you do when that CLUNK happens and the van goes nowhere?! Because of the broken down van Tom and I went to the St. George marathon without the kids. We were all going to go down for a nice little get away, but we don't all fit in a little Ford Ranger. Tom didn't run the marathon this year, we just went as spectators. The happy part of October was Tia's birthday. She turned 7 years old on the 2nd! Wow---my baby is getting older!
November brings with it a few more birthdays. The 16th is shared by my mom and by Grandma Aunt Betty. Two more wonderful people in my life. My mom has and always will be a beautiful example of love and devotion to family! Grandma Aunt Betty is Tom's mom's sister who has stepped in as an additional grandma since Grandma Lee died. Tom also turns a year older each November. He is now 43 and in better shape than he has ever been in. He is an awesome runner, an awesome dad, an awesome husband and just an all around awesome guy! I can't imagine life with out him!
December has actually been a whirlwind to me....where it went, nobody knows! It has been a time of joy and sadness, distress and peace. We have good things and hard things all around us. Sometimes it's hard to see the good when there is heartache and sadness around every corner. But we have been truly blessed and have taken time as a couple and a family to enjoy the health, happiness, and joy that is so abundant to us!
I look forward to 2008!

No comments: