Wednesday, January 30, 2008

January Blues

I have got to find some good things about January and snow and ice! January has lasted way too long this year! I think someone should change the calendar and make February the longer one and cut out some days in January! What can I find that is good....?
It is the beginning of a new year.
Time to look forward to new exciting things ahead!
Time to think about things I can do to improve myself, my marriage, my family.
It is actually beautiful when the snow is falling.
Building snowmen with the kids.
Hot cocoa when you come in.
Rui romping and playing and turning into a snow dog.
Running can actually be fun IF there are clear roads and NO wind!
Sitting in front of the cozy fireplace.
Playing board games or Dominoes with the kids.
Putting a puzzle together.
Filling our reservoirs with much needed water.
How can I remember these things? I guess I just be happy with what is here right now and realize that spring is just around the corner. And after spring I will probably be complaining about summer and looking forward to cooler temps in the fall. And that is the cycle of four seasons. If only spring and fall lasted longer than summer and winter.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hey Kim-

Just think only 1 day left in January!! Go treat yourself to something fun today- you deserve it. Just know that you are not alone in wanting January over!! Hang in there.

5littlenordstroms said...

I agree completely but I often wonder if February will be any better. I sure could use a little warm weather about now too.