
This past weekend was really fun with Tom and the kids. We headed down to St. George on Friday afternoon. It takes us about 3 1/2 hours to get there. Everyone had enough electronic equipment to keep them happy the whole ride down. We stayed at the Budget Inn. That place always works out well for us since we can have a family suite, indoor and outdoor playplaces and swimming pools. All of the kids are happy as long as they spend many hours in the pool! They all love it in the water!
Saturday morning was the Painter's Half Marathon that Tom and I have both been training for. Tyler was a really good help to us as he took the kids out to breakfast and to the Fiesta Fun Center while we were at the race. Tom was hoping to get a finish time of 1:27 and I wanted anywhere from 2 hours to 2:10. (the closer to 2 hours the better.) Well, Tom had an amazing race and came in at 1:23! Way to go Tom! He said he felt like he should have went out faster at the beginning because he was feeling so good! I came in at 2:05. I was very happy with my results also. The last time I ran this race it was in 2:17, so I cut 12 minutes of my best time.
We enjoyed the sunshine while we were down there! It made us look forward to springtime! However, we still have some of January, all of February and probably some of March to wait for. Oh well! The sun was fun while we were there! Today I have been out shoveling 6 inches of snow off the driveway. Such is the life here in Utah County!
No comments:
Post a Comment