Monday, February 4, 2008

Our dear Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley

A week ago our beloved prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley passed away at the age of 97. What an incredible man! He is loved by millions of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and non members as well. This past week has been one of remembering a wonderful life of service to the Lord! He was such a humble man. He never put himself above any other person. He loved us all the same, just as our Savior does. I feel so blessed to have had him be the prophet for such a long time. Especially as my children were growing up. Because of him I have the desire to be a better person, stand a little taller, be a little nicer, try a little harder. I am so grateful for the life and love of President Hinckley. I am grateful to know that he was a prophet of God on the earth!
There is a challenge going on to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days in honor of President Hinckley. I have accepted this challenge. It starts today, (Feb. 4 and ends on May 11th which happens to be Mother's Day).

No comments: