Hey everyone! After 14 hours and 8 minutes in the air we finally made it to our destination of Tokyo, Japan! We were informed in SLC that there was some volcanic activity in Russia that would make us reroute our flight! But as far as flights go, even though this one was long, it was a mostly smooth and uneventful flight! I like uneventful flights! I hate touchdown more than anything, but this one was fabulous! We hardly even knew we were on the ground! Thanks to that awesome pilot where ever he may be now!
We finally got to our hotel and settled at about 4:30 a.m. Utah time. The boys were able to sleep pretty good, (they still have plenty of teenage in them to do that!), but Tom and I only got a few hours. We are hoping we don't crash and burn a little later. We'll try to get a small nap in later.
We were able to bring our Vonage phone system so we can call back home just as if we are back home! It was nice to talk to Tani, Tia and Jansen!
Today is a nice and easy exploring day for us. No pressure to be anywhere at any certain time. Tom and I got up and ran around the Emporer's castle. It was a nice little 4 miler around the moat. We hope to be able to do that each morning as much as possible.
Anyway, now we are off to find some breakfast and a grocery store. Need food!
No comments:
Post a Comment