Happy New Year everyone. This is Tom writing this post. OK so as we begin this new year and new decade, maybe I'll make an attempt to help Kim out and post every now and again on our family blog. I've tried and failed many times to be journal writer, but I'm so lousy at handwriting and for me to write legibly it takes me forever then I lose patience and give up after a few days worth of effort (or even 1 day). I'm not a great typer either, but I do type all day at work and it works out a whole better than the handwriting, and much more legible too. At any rate I'll give it a shot.
So we just finished up a great holiday weekend with everyone in the family together except for Tyler in the MTC who is waiting to go to Denmark in a few weeks. We just purchased a condo in St. George a couple of months ago and are in the process of getting a few things updated and setting up a side business so we can rent it out when we're not using it. We've christened our condo "Pleasant Palms" in remembrance of the Lee Family cabin at Fish Lake named "Pleasant Pines" that I enjoyed growing up, and our family enjoyed for many years up until a few of years ago when my Dad and Aunts and Uncle made the difficult decision to sell it.
It's a bit of work to get going on something like this (not to mention a bit of $$$$!!), but all-in-all it's been a fun new project for Kim and I. We spent most of our Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks at the condo and so far are loving our 2nd home. No buyers remorse at all at this point. Hopefully a year from now we'll be singing the same tune! It was nice to have Camron's girlfriend Rurika with us for both of our St. George visits.
The next year should be an eventful year, as we excitedly wait each week for Tyler's mission letter, and work out the details of our new side business, and keep tabs on Camron and Rurika's doings down in Ephraim at Snow College. And I'm sure Jansen and Tani and Tia at home will keep us entertained from day-to-day.
Hope 2010 is a great year for one and all.
3 comments:
Hello Lee clan! Happy 2010 to you too. I tried to find you on facebook, but do you know how many Kim Lee's there are? And quite a diverse crowd as well ... one had the cutest profile picture of a puppy next to a stuffed animal.
Hope you are doing well Kim! I miss you!
OK, Bonnie, just like you said, "Do you know how many Kim Lees there are?"....do you know how many Bonnies there are...just wondering which one you are....sorry, I'm not sure, there are a few different Bonnies in my past and I'm not sure who left this commment.
OK Bonnie, Tom just filled me in. Sorry I wasn't sure who you were! It's been too long...but that's my fault not yours. It's good to hear from ya. Are you still in AZ?
Post a Comment