What a nice Mother's Day I was able to enjoy yesterday! I have to say it was one of the sweetest I've had. Our Bishop had talked to the dad's of missionaries in our ward and had them secretly email their missionary for a surprise letter to their moms. The Sacrament Meeting program consisted of all of those dads reading those letters over the pulpit. Camron wrote such sweet things and Tom read it so nicely and added his own sweet words at the end. I was leaking quite a bit of saline solution from the eyes at that moment. It was great to hear from all the other missionaries as well. There was also one granddaughter up there amongst all the dads giving a tribute to her grandma who is serving with her husband.
My family was very good at catching my hint of new scriptures! I received a very nice new quad set with my name. I haven't had a new set since I was in high school seminary. They were also nice with some running gear and a nice 2 hour spa treatment waiting for me!
At 4:30 we were able to call our cute missionary in Japan! What a wonderful present that was! It was so great to hear his voice again! We were able to talk to him for about 70 minutes. He is doing great and really loving his mission. We all talked to him on the speaker phone. Tia was a little shy, but everyone had a chance to talk and to listen in on the whole conversation. I was very proud of myself for not crying. Not even when we hung up. That's not to say I didn't cry a little later. But the tears aren't just of missing him, they are of being so thankful that Camron is where he is, doing what he's doing and doing it because he has a strong testimony of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He is out there because he wants to share that testimony with as many people as he can. It is a joy to be a missionary mom! It is also a joy just to be a mom! I feel extra blessed at this time and am more thankful for my husband and children than I ever have been before! Going through life's ups and downs through the years brings a better perspective and a stronger commitment to all that is important in the world. Thank you Tom and kids for all you do for me.
It was also nice to call and talk to my own mom and also my dad. His birthday fell on Mother's Day this year. He always feels guilty when that happens. I wish he wouldn't. I am so grateful for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment