Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Making and keeping memories!

The first real family vacation without Camron around. We missed having him with us, but are very grateful for his choice to be in Japan serving the Lord. I guess family vacations will just continue to have a smaller number in them from here on out. It's kind of hard to realize your family is growing up and leaving the nest one by one. Tyler will only be around about another year and a half or so. Got to enjoy every minute we have with the kids around. It will also be strange to start having the kids come back with families of their own. I'm sure that will be happening sooner than I expect! Crazy! This picture is just outside of Knot's Berry Farm. The boys had lots of fun on all the roller coasters there. Tom, me and the girls were a little more gentle there. However, Tani and I did try the Ghost Rider and hated it! Tom, Tani, Tia and I tried the Sidewinder and liked it. Tyler and Jansen liked it all! The lines were small so they got to ride to their heart's desire!

Here is Tani, Tia and me at Minnie's house. And Tani, Tom and Tia also at Minnie's house.









Tyler and Jansen are such friendly little guys, they met up with this guy at Knot's Berry Farm.





We also had some fun in the sun at Crystal Cove Beach.


Note to selves: When everyone else on the beach suddenly packs up and leaves, don't say, "Wow, look, the beach is all ours!" Instead, jump in your car and go! It means everyone else is smart enough to leave before rush hour! EEEK! No fun getting back to the hotel that day! But the beach was lots of fun for all! Tyler is shown 'feeding' the rock. It was covered with little plant/animal dudes that would close their mouth around anything that touched them. We figured that if they were dangerous they would have had warning signs around. We all had fun with them, sometimes they would squirt something, (hopefully just water), at us and get a little scream from the girls, (yes, including me). We never noticed any rashes, sicknesses or such like when Tom was stung by a sea urchin on one of our cruises. That was a painful and kind of scary thing. Luckily all turned out well with that one too. No lingering effects at least! Gotta be careful with those ocean creatures that we don't know so well!

2 comments:

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Lee family,
What fun to get to peek at your lives. You have a beautiful family! How can you possibly have a 20 year old? You guys look fabulous!!(Especially you Kim!!) Tom, You look great for what you have to work with ha!ha! What a great tribute to your dad. Glad to see you are all happy and healthy but hate to see that you look so darn gorgeous!!(still)
Sue Wiscombe(wilkinson)

5littlenordstroms said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Danny and I have been talking about going to Cali again soon. I'm glad you had a fun vacation. I really miss our morning runs. Maybe after baby I'll be able to get back to it.