Here are ten things I observed on my run today. I will start with my least favorite and move up to my most favorite.
10. My least favorite was the car bumper that came way too close for my liking! I was running down Canyon Road when a car that was stopped on the other side of the road, (it should have been waiting for several cars to pass before crossing), decided to gun it across Canyon Road between cars that they should have been waiting for. The driver didn't even see me! I am grateful that I was able to see her at the last second and do a mad dash that barely got me out of landing on her windshield or flying through the air! It really makes me sick how close I was to being hit. I hope it made her stop and think a bit too. Next time maybe she can be a bit more patient and wait for the cars to pass so she doesn't have to gun it to get through the intersection. She's lucky she didn't hit another car or me.
9. Moving up on the list, but not by much was the grasshoppers! They are still there to haunt me. Not as many now, but they are there and they are big! And if I get hit by one of them it might be just as if I had been hit by that car! I hate grasshoppers! If anyone ever wants to torture me, just put me in an enclosed room with a bunch of those nasty little critters!
8. If I hadn't seen the car bumper or the grasshoppers then this would have been my least fave. So much trash all over! Grrrrrr!
7. Corn stalks all cut down. Bittersweet to see the harvest come to an end.
6. Two farmers chatting about whatever. I just admire those who get out day after day and work so hard on farms. Their weathered boots and Levis and hands and faces show a lot of hard work and dedication. And from the farmers I know, they wouldn't choose another profession for a million bucks!
5. A pheasant flew past me and gave me a bit of a start. It was fun to see it up close and personal. I'll take a pheasant up close and personal way before a grasshopper or a car bumper!
4. Fall decor on porches.
3. Little Bunny Foo Foo hoppin' through the River Bottoms. This wasn't your regular old jack rabbit or wild hare. He looked like he may have been an escapee from the Utah County Fair that took place a few weeks ago. He looked like he may have been someone's pet. I hope he knows how to fend for himself as the weather gets colder. Maybe the farm there will acquire a new little pet.
2. The fall decor on the mountains and in the fields and all around me! It was one of those amazing moments when everything seems right in the world! There were greens of all shades with golds and yellows and rusts bursting out all over! There is an amazing artist that provides that beauty for us and I felt that this morning!
1. Which leads me to my number one observation of the morning....I am very blessed! I came "home feeling tremendous love and gratitude for all I have! Instead of asking "why me?" when I think of my hardships I found myself thinking, "Why me?" to have all that I have!
2 comments:
The fall season is one of my favorites. Just so pretty out there.
Glad you are okay after the bumper run-in..
I had a somewhat similar run last Saturday...solo down South Fork and Provo Canyon on a beautiful morning with spectacular fall colors. But instead of tough old farmers I saw tough young soldiers, male and female, in full fatigues and heavy backpacks, some carrying logs or other heavy gear on some sort of training exercise. And instead of grasshoppers I startled a wild turkey that gobbled loudly as it flew up and away from me. What a great run!
I hope your experience at St. George is just as awesome. I hope you and Tom enjoy the adventure...hopefully without the wind and rain this year. I hope to see you both there.
Post a Comment